Availability: Usually ships in 2 business days.
Based on the classic novel by Vladimir Nabokov with screenplay adaptation by Tom Stoppard. In early 1930s Germany, against the backdrop of the Nazis' rise to power, Hermann Hermann (Dirk Bogarde), a Russian emigrant and successful chocolate magnate, starts experiencing mental breakdowns. He soon meets Felix, an unemployed laborer, who Hermann believes to be his doppelganger. He hatches up an elaborate plot, which he believes will free him of all his worries and nightmares. Cinematography by legendary DP, Michael Ballhaus (Goodfellas). Directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder (Berlin Alexanderplatz).
• BASED ON A NOVEL BY VLADIMIR NABOKOV (LOLITA)
• SCREENPLAY ADAPTATION BY TOM STOPPARD (BRAZIL)
• CINEMATOGRAPHY BY MICHAEL BALLHAUS (GOODFELLAS)
• DIRECTED BY RAINER WERNER FASSBINDER (BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ)
• STARRING DIRK BOGARDE (DEATH IN VENICE, THE SERVANT)
“BOGARDE IS BRILLIANT AS THE RUSSIAN ÉMIGRÉ!” - LEONARD MALTIN
NOMINATED FOR THE GOLDEN PALM AWARD – 1978 CANNES FILM FESTIVAL